1/27/2011

My Art Wall

FINALLY, the day has arrived to reveal my art wall. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal about it, because it's not near as nice as some I have seen lately. But, my husband is VERY proud of me because I only spent about $6 for the letters and paint. Everything else is recycled from other rooms in the house. So, without further ado I will show you the completed picture and then go on to explain everything.

Oh , by the way, we're in the process of replacing all the doors in the house.
This one hasn't gotten done.






Usually, I just start pounding nails into the wall when I want to hang something. So, this time I was going to be more professional about it. I didn't have any big pieces of paper to use as the wall and mark off the picture frames. So, I laid it out on the floor. After a little arranging, I found the format I wanted.






I then found the center of the wall and hung the big picture and then continued with the smaller ones around it. I tried to keep it from being to matchy matchy. So, it's not spaced quite evenly between some, but I like it like that. I didn't have any more frames to use and needed something in the middle at the bottom. So, I went outside cut off a frozen branch, let it thaw out and then spray painted it. The letters turned out pretty well also, I think at least.

Kids can be so useful at times. Of course I had to explain about 10
times why I broke the tree. He sounds just like his Dad.

 

Now to talk about some of the pictures. This one is of my Mom who died 9 years ago. This is one of the last good ones we have of her. There is also a small one of my Mom and I when I was three on the bottom left hand side. 




This snowman was built in a front yard here in Anchorage a couple of years ago.






My "art wall". It has really changed the look of the living room. If you can it is definitely something you should do in your home.

Also, keep checking back because I am starting my Valentine baking. I can't wait to show you some of the ideas I have come up with for this special day. Want a hint? Homemade Marshmallows. Sooo good.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest