6/29/2012

Friday's Treat

Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting


In honor of the Fourth this coming week I wanted to do something patriotic. I know I have made cupcakes the last few weeks but these little things are so good I didn't think anyone would mind:) and they are red:) I thought about making some blue frosting to go with the white but decided to just go with the sprinkles instead. I found the little striped liners at Michael's.
 On a side note, I think Michael's is my new favorite place to find cute and fun baking accessories!


I just love the sprinkles;)


My favorite Red Velvet recipe is from Bobby Flay, you can find the recipe here. It is really the best recipe I have found for Red Velvet....soo good!!


The frosting is one of my own.  I use 1 pkg cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter, a full White Chocolate baking bar ( melted ), 1 tsp of Vanilla, I used a full 2lb bag of Powdered Sugar. Beat this all together and then at the end pour in just a little bit of heavy cream as you are mixing. Beat it on high until light and fluffy.

What are your plans for the 4th? 

Do you have any traditional desserts you make this time of year?

Have a great weekend

Mary Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest