4/20/2013

Friday's Treat ~ Oatmeal Creme Pies







These little "pies" are absolutely amazing!! If you like little debbie snacks but don't like that they are just chemicals and not real ingredients than you have to make these. Trust me, you won't regret it. They taste just like the little debbie ones only about 20x better! I found the recipe for them on The Pioneer Woman's blog.  You can find the recipe for them here. She calls them Whoopie Pies but says that they are just like the little debbie creme pies as well. 



Don't you think they look amazing?! They were really easy to make too. I doubled the recipe and they still took very little time. In the actual recipe she says to bake them for 10 min.
 I only baked mine for 8, I think they would have been to dry if I had baked them for the full 10 minutes. 

Now, the filling. I feel slightly embarrassed to tell you I did take the easy way on this. My intentions were to make the Homemade Marshmallows that Christine wrote about. I only needed to get the gelatin. I was out shopping with a friend and went into Target. They didn't have it:( It was pouring rain, my daughter was about beside herself from exhaustion ( because she insisted on getting up at 6:15am that morning and didn't want a nap ) I knew it was going to be late when I would finally be able to make them so I bought marshmallow cream at Target....I know, I know!! I think the marshmallow cream is really the best option in these. Next time it will be homemade:)




If you aren't doing anything else this weekend you need to make these. I promise you will not be disappointed! Let me know if you do and what you think.

Have a great weekend

Mary Elizabeth






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest