5/31/2013

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

If you have kids I'm sure you go though a lot of chocolate milk. My kids love chocolate milk. Making your own syrup is super easy and only takes a couple of ingredients. I always have a jar of this in the fridge. This is great for ice cream too.


Chocolate Syrup

3/4 cup (homemade) brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup cold water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla

Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a medium size pan. Add the water and whisk until all the lumps are gone. Over medium heat bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on low until syrup starts to thicken (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool. Keep refrigerated. This makes about two cups and last two weeks.

Enjoy,

Christine


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted this. I have been thinking the last few days I need to get your recipe because I really want some chocolate milk but cant bring myself to buy Hershey's syrup like I would have done before:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest