3/03/2011

The Kids Art

 First, I want to apoligize for the lack of posts the last week.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore.  I don't get home from work till about 5:30 and then between dinner, 3 kids, cleaning, church, and just spending some time with the kids it's midnight before I know it.  Needless to say our blog got put on the back burner. I promise to do better. That being said, I wanted to show you all where I put the pictures the boys draw. 
Luke is getting to the age where he really likes to color and of course he wants his pictures put somewhere so he can Brian (he refuses to call him Dad).  But, I prefer my fridge free of anything that has to be attached. So, I came up with a better idea. I had these old window frames in the closet since we moved here. I FINALLY found a way to use them. I painted them a dark brown color (can you tell that's my favorite color?). I then had pictures of Luke and Mac at Christmas enlarged to the 8x10 size. I also had a couple of cream picture mats that fit into the openings. Now I have the perfect place to showcase the kids "art". The kids love it and were so excited to see their pictures on the mantel. I'll show you a picture of the  mantel in the next week or two.  I am "redoing" the mantel. It's going to be a total overhaul, which includes a stencil, these frames and a bigger TV (husbands request).

Also, came up with an idea to use cones and tissue paper. I'll finish that in the next couple of days also.  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest