4/18/2011

Vanilla Crepes


I've always had this vague idea of crepes being a horrible imitation of pancakes. The first time that I had one was years ago at Ihop, where all of us sisters were working, and I distinctly remember how much I disliked it. Well my tastes have certainly changed since then because I love them now. I love homemade crepes at least.. I'm still not overly impressed with Ihop's crepes. I make them all the time for the myself and the kids. The other day I was looking for a different recipe than the one that I had been using and I found one on Allrecipes called Vanilla Crepes. Adding a little vanilla may not seem like a big deal but it made a HUGE difference. The boys couldn't get enough of them even after the second morning in a row.

  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 5 tablespoons melted butter

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix together the milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and melted butter until well blended.
  2. Heat a crepe pan over medium heat until hot. Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tip to spread the batter to the edges. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
  3. Fill crepes with your favorite fruit, cream, caramel or even ice cream or cheese to serve


I usually make a cream cheese filling and put strawberries on top, but with these I just used butter and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top. They are without a doubt the best crepes I have ever had!!

Rhiannon was supposed to be eating
her cereal but Mac had other ideas for
her breakfast.


He snuck her these when I wasn't looking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest