1/11/2012

BOO BOO NIGHT
I know, not the best title for a post. But, that’s what last night at cubbies was called. They have nights with different themes and the kids dress up according to that theme. Luke doesn’t usually participate in these nights because I don’t get home from work till 5:30 pm and Awana’s starts at 6:00 pm. Needless to say it’s always a mad dash to get everybody’s shoes and coats on and in the van. We are usually a couple of minutes late as it is. But, last night my sisters dressed him up. When I came home I had to do a double take. My first thought was that he and his brother had really been fighting.

But, before I could say anything, he said “Mommy, they put makeup on my face. Boy’s don’t wear makeup.”
                                           
He was fine with the ACE bandages on his hands though. He thought he looked like a boxer. I think they did a pretty good job. Everybody that participated got to put their name in a bowl.  His name was drawn. He won a $15 McDonald’s gift card. Of course, he had to know its whereabouts for the rest of the night. He was afraid Mom was going to use it. He was pretty proud to show his Dad when he came home. Of course, he made sure to inform his Dad that it was his money. I am so glad that he loves going to Cubbies so much. On the way home he always tells us about their story, what songs they sang and what games they played. It’s so funny to hear Mac and he talk about it. Mac can’t wait till he is old enough to go. It kills him every time we drop Luke off.
On a side note. I have finally finished the curtains for the living room and the dining room curtains are almost finished. I should be posting about that in the next day or two.
Christine

1 comment:

  1. I love it! He looks like he really enjoyed looking like that ( very 'manly' ) !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest