3/30/2012

Friday's Treat

I have to start by saying this has been the BEST week I have had in a while...My babysitter was unable to watch my little girl this week so no work for me! YAY!!

I love making desserts. Anything and Everything that is categorized under baking I love. That being said I also love cooking, smoking ( meat ) and grilling but there is something about baking. Not sure what it is but I really enjoy doing it so making these sweet things for my husband to take to work every Friday has been more of a treat to me than any one I think:)

OK, so the treat of the week.....Buckeye Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudge!




Neither one of these are kind to your waistline....On Friday's I always feel like I have to run an extra mile to make up for the 1 treat that I eat:) Fortunately for me this week they contain milk and my daughter does not handle milk very well so I have little desire to eat these. Although they do look amazing! I did eat a piece ( or 2 ) of fudge and that is really good!




I told my husband I was going to make something somewhat "good for you" again this week and he told me he has been getting request that I make something with Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I had to laugh...I'm getting request now:) I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later! I do have several recipes for this type of dessert but I wanted to try something new so I turned to google and I found these at Six Sisters Stuff Blog. Which I thought was cool given that I come from a home with six girls...and then our lone brother:) I didn't use their recipe, just the idea. I made chocolate cake from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa box. I think that it has the texture of a boxed mix but is homemade so taste better. I waited until the cupcakes were baked and then pressed a reese's into the center. For the Gnache I only used the heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate because there really is no need to add more sugar to these already decadent little cakes and it really doesn't need it! The fudge is just your basic PB, Butter and Powdered Sugar with a little bit of Vanilla and then at the end quickly mix in Chocolate Chips, not too much or you chips will melt completely and you only want them to melt a little bit.


I think this should take care of anyone's chocolate peanut butter craving for a while:) Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!!

Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest