5/19/2012

Coffee Creamer Update


I had to revise the recipe for coffee creamer that I used in this post. That recipe called for maple syrup as the sweetener. Even though I really liked that creamer, it just wasn't quite sweet enough. (Please don't tell my sister Mary about this post. I am supposed to be on a no sugar diet with her. Obviously, I am slipping a tiny bit.) I did a little more searching for recipes and after looking at a couple I came up with the following:

Coffee Creamer
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used the small can, because that's what I had on hand)
1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream (also what I had on hand, I think half and half would also work. Milk would work also, it's just going to be a lot thinner)
1/2 Madagascar vanilla bean (next time I will use a whole vanilla bean)
Simmer this for a couple of minutes, then let it cool.

This was so much better. The sweetened condensed milk made it taste more like Coffee Mate Creamer.Try this recipe for coffee creamer. I think you will like so much better.

Have a great weekend,

Christine

2 comments:

  1. I made the pumpkin spice creamer but had to sweeten it a bit more as well! It was delicious but I think the condensed milk would do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... the month is almost over and then you won't have to hide it:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest