5/18/2012

Friday's Treat


This week I decided to make a traditional Vanilla ( or white ) Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Nothing special or extravagant but tasty, tender and delectable at the same time. 


The cake recipe is a "no fail" recipe that I use ALL the time. It is so easy to make and has that box mix texture.....It is REALLY good!! The Frosting recipe I found on line. I think it was from William Sanoma. No matter which one you use they are all pretty much the same. 


They were another hit this week at the office so that is all I can ask for, right?   :)

I hope ya'll have a great weekend. Mine will be spent with my little darling ( husband is working ) enjoying the warm sunny weather!!!

Enjoy

Mary Elizabeth




Vanilla Layer Cake

1 C Butter
2 C Sugar
3 Large Eggs
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla ( I usually just make it 3 )
3 C Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 C warm Milk


Blend Butter and Sugar until fluffy. Add Eggs and Vanilla. Blend well. Add the dry ingredients and then slowly pour in the warm milk. Mix until batter is smooth. Pour into 2 9" cake pans or into prepared cupcake pans and bake.
Cake 350 for about 35 min
Cupcakes 350 for about 15 min





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest