9/30/2012

Apple Pie

Here in Alaska we seem to have skipped fall this year and headed right into winter. We woke up yesterday to about two inches of snow in our yard. Thankfully, most of it has melted though. Nevertheless, I refuse to go straight to winter. So, last night I made my quick version of an apple pie.


This is so easy. I use a pie crust recipe that has been in our family for at least five generations (that I know of). Roll it out. Fill with sliced apples (you could use any fruit). Put about 8 slices of butter, sprinkle with apple pie seasoning. Let this bake for 35 - 45 minutes (depends on the thickness of the apple slices. When its done, transfer to your serving dish. Drizzle with homemade caramel sauce Serve warm. Homemade ice cream would also be great with this.

 
 
 
 
My taste testers PATIENTLY waiting to do their job.
 
Christine

1 comment:

  1. that looks good. I have apples sitting on the counter waiting to be put into a pie:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest