7/02/2013

So, it has only been a little over 4 months.......


I feel like I have been out of touch for a long, long time and it isn't just the RENOVATION....life is busy with a husband, family business, church and did I mention 3 kids 5 and under!?!  Enough complaining...moving on....When I read a new design blog I always want to see the kitchen first so I thought that I would start there....the kitchen...the heart of the home and by far THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART OF RENOVATING!  I thought y'all might enjoy a sneak peak at the progress. I am excited about how it has turned out and CAN NOT WAIT to have it all finished....so, here are some before, progress and not quite "after" shots....

Here she is in all her glory the day we closed...(notice that there isn't a dishwasher!!)

  
This is a shot standing in the doorway from the dining room and looking towards the laundry room...


 I was excited to see this wall come down that separated the kitchen and dining room!...




All the tile came out and it was basically gutted...wow, that seems like a long time ago...this next one is looking from the kitchen back into the dining and front entry area..the wall to the right has also been removed making the entire living area open and seem so much bigger!


It has been an ugly process...here are some pics of the beadboard ceiling installation and recessed lighting....

 


 This next picture was taken after the ceiling was stained white....long story short...we are not happy with the way the stain turned out so this week our "new" painter will be glazing the ceiling....I am a little nervous about all that but if you saw it in person you would agree that it needs to be done..(Grant is installing the new kitchen window in this picture...)

ahhh.....exciting day!  New cabinets installed...I could not be happier with my cabinets! For the cabinets we used a client of ours whose pool we built a few years ago...and they are amazing....stained a cherry color, painted BM Bone White and distressed back to the cherry...I love them!


Grant installed planks as a back splash, all through the desk area and laundry room...pictures really don't do it justice! He did a fabulous job! (notice where the fridge area is?? well, that was where the master bedroom door opened before we moved it!)


Counter tops are granite and look great....(this was a difficult decision for me to make, not sure why, but thankfully I couldn't be happier with them!)


 Big improvement!


So, this is where we are right now....a little ways to go before I can do an official before/after shot but a long ways from where we started!


Maybe, just Maybe...we will be moved in by Christmas!! :)

Thanks for reading,

Rhiannon

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!! It makes me want to remodel my kitchen to lighten it up a bit....but don't tell that to Ben! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks y'all...I sure could have used you two close by the last couple of months...all the decisions!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest