7/19/2013

Friday's Treat ~ Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



I cannot believe how long it has been since my last post!! A lot has happened that has been keeping me busy. A new baby being the biggest news!! I will post later to tell you about her, such a doll, and probably the best newborn sleeper that has ever been! At least at night which is the most important to me. 

Now, on to these cookies....


These are really good! Very moist and chewy with just a few chocolate chips in them. I first told you about these cookies here. I just made them into plain cookies, although there is nothing plain about the flavor of these cookies. They really are so good! I think these will be my basis for monster cookies as well the next time those are on the menu.


Try them! I know you will love them as much as we do!



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, Softened
1/4 cup Shortening, ( I used all butter )
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbls Boiling Water
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 1/2 cups Flour
2 cups Quick Oats
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Recipe adapted from the Pioneer Woman

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the brown sugar, butter and shortening. Add eggs and mix. Add salt, cinnamon and baking powder and mix. Mix the baking soda with the boiling water and then add to the bowl and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips and then mix well.

Scoop dough onto baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

Notes :  Use Homemade Brown Sugar.  I do and it makes everything better!


Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest