2/21/2011

Shortbread Cookies

I love making these.  They are so easy and you can make them in any shape. I got this recipe from a lady I worked with at the airport here in Anchorage.

Peppermint Candy Shortbread

Beat 1 cup butter till creamy, add 1/3 cup sugar till. Beat till light and fluffy. Add 2 1/2 cup flour. Mix just till incorporated.

Divide into 3 balls. Pat the ball of dough out till about till it's about a 1/2 inch thick. Cut into triangles or into any shape you prefer.  Bake at 350 for about 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely. While they are cooling, melt any flavor of chocolate. You can drizzle the chocolate, spread it half way or cover the whole cookie. Then sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.

I used my ice cream cone and  sundae cookie cutters.


Enjoy, Christine

1 comment:

  1. They look so good! I hope I have time soon to try them out...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest