3/12/2011

Smasher Cakes

I LOVE to bake, and find new ways to present old recipes. For example, homemade poptarts. So many ways to these. You can make them regular size, bit size (so cute) and why not put them on a stick? The same with pies. Regular size pies are so boring. Make mini pies, use different shape pans, and why not put them on a stick as well? Sticks are all the rage right now. If you look at any dessert blogs, they will put anything they can on sticks. Look here for a little girls party that was based on pies. I can't wait for the kids birthdays now. I have so many ideas floating in my head. r a little girls party that was based on pies. I can't wait for the kids birthdays now. I have so many ideas floating in my head.
All that being said, I bought a giant cup cake pan a couple of weeks ago. I have wanted one for a while now, but didn't want to spend the money on one. They are pretty pricey for one pan that is not really a multi purpose pan. But, a girl I work with does photography and asked me if I made the giant cup cakes. She was looking for someone to make them for her cake smash pictures (check her out) I gladly jumped at the chance to make these for her. Not only do I love making things like this, but I would be getting paid and getting my name out. EVEN BETTER.
 

They bake in two parts.
 
Even without icing they so cute.



 
 I made the pink and blue one a couple of weeks ago to give her an idea of what I could do. I made one for her son's cake smash picture Thursday night, but forgot to take a picture. It had light green icing with light blue disk sprinkles, the paper was dark blue with colored dots and the one was a shiny yellow paper. I'm making another one for her Monday night for his actual party. I'll post a picture of that because it was more of a special order. Just a hint sugar cookies will be involved. Now all I need to do is come up with a name and all the legal requirements for a business. If you have any suggestions leave me a comment.

Have a great weekend. I have several projects planned. Started one last night, so hopefully this will be a productive weekend. What are your plans? 

Christine


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest