3/16/2012

Friday's Treat


Mint Oreo Brownies


I can't believe another week has come and gone already!! I seriously don't know where the time goes.....This week I made Mint Oreo Brownies. I had to do something green because tomorrow is St. Patrick's day ( the only reason I celebrate this holiday is because it's my birthday:) )
I didn't have a recipe so I looked online for some inspiration:) There are many variations of mint and oreo brownies.




I made a basic fudge brownie, added some mint extract and then put a layer of mint oreos on top and baked it just until done. I like a chewy, fudgy brownie so I don't ever bake them as long as a recipe says to. The middle layer is a cream cheese vanilla frosting with marshmellow cream mixed in. I added mint extract to this as well as some green food coloring...Once the brownies were cool I covered them with the frosting and then added a layer of crushed mint oreos.




They are every bit as good as they look! I must warn you though, they are MESSY!! Finger licking is encouraged after eating these:) Don't they look amazing?!!




I hope ya'll get a chance to make these...let me know what you think!

Have a great weekend!!

Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest