3/10/2012

Recipe for Fridays Treat


Oh-So-Coconutty Cupcakes

I have to start by telling you to use the coconut milk. I haven't in the past but am so glad I did this time. It made a huge difference in the cupcake....much more coconut flavor!

Cupcakes:

1 1/2 C Sugar
3/4 C Butter
3 Large Eggs
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Coconut Extract
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract ( I didn't use this )
2 1/2 C Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
3/4 C Coconut Milk ( if you use the milk in the can it is recommended to chill it overnight )
1/2 C Shredded Coconut

Cream Butter and Sugar. Add Eggs and Extracts. Fold in dry ingredients and then add the chilled Coconut Milk. Fold in Coconut. Place in cupcake pan and bake at 350. The recipe recommends 30-35 min. but I only baked mine for about 25 min...If I had left them in the whole 30 min they would have been to dry I think and almost burned.

Coconut Frosting:

1/2 C Butter
3-4 C Confectioners Sugar
A little bit of Coconut Milk ( 3-6 Tbls ) or as much as needed.
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Coconut Extract
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract ( I didn't use this in the frosting either )

Beat butter and sugar until creamy and then add the milk as needed. The book says you can add food coloring if desired but frosting is such a pretty white when done that I think it would ruin it to color the frosting.

Frost cooled cupcakes and top with shredded coconut.....then sit down and ENJOY!!

Hope you make them, they are well worth it:)


Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest