3/24/2012

Friday's Treat

Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze

If you saw last Friday's post you saw the Mint Oreo Brownies. Everyone loved them but they were very rich so they didn't go as fast as the treats usually do. There was even one left on the tray when my husband got home! He said no one could eat another bite...haha....

So, this week I decided to do something a little bit lighter ( I thought about saying healthier but I don't really think these muffins are "healthy" even though they aren't that bad for you ). I found the recipe for them here. The only thing I added was the Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze which was just powdered sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon that I drizzled over the muffins. I added some vanilla to the recipe and also shredded the apples instead of cutting them into chunks, I liked that better....They are really good. My husband said they were gone almost instantly! I guess people didn't feel as bad eating these as the mint brownies:) I didn't get to take a picture but they looked just like the ones on the Taste of Home page ( plus the glaze )....Very easy to make!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!

Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest