9/28/2012

Friday's Treat ~ Pumpkin Coffee Cake

Well, it is officially fall!! I love this time of year. The leaves are changing. It's time to wear sweaters and riding boots!! Hot cocoa, hot apple cider and of course PUMPKIN!! Why is it that pumpkin is only acceptable during the fall? I love to use pumpkin but can't bring myself to ever make anything with pumpkin in it outside of this season:) 


So here is the first pumpkin dessert of the season { and a new favorite }. I was looking through some recipes    I had saved on the computer and came across this recipe that I wanted to try. I tried to follow it back to its original source but it just kept going and going it seemed so i stopped at the "tasty kitchen". You need to check out this recipe. This is a great dessert { or breakfast cake }. Very moist and flavorful. Now, I did not add the walnuts, I don't like nuts. Because of this going to the office today I did use the cake mix but when I make this for us I think I will use a homemade cake and then add the pumpkin.....either way this is really, really good!


I didn't take a lot of pictures because of the amount where the actual recipe is. I of course made it into the mini cakes instead of the 13x9 pan. I hope you try these. You won't regret it:)


Well, I have several fall and home decor projects that I am working on that I will be sharing with you later today or over the weekend. It may involve several rolls of jute and burlap:)

I hope you have a great weekend!!

Mary Elizabeth









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest