3/15/2013

Friday's Treat ~ Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting


It has been entirely too long since my last post. I have been making them still just keep forgetting to post about them!  So here is the latest....:) these little cakes are really good. The cake itself is really moist and tender and has really good flavor. It is definitely not an overwhelming caramel flavor in the cake but more of a slight hint. The frosting is basically a brown butter glaze ( have you ever made a brown butter glaze? one of my favorites! ) but the process is a little bit different. You can click here for the recipe.




I put lots of frosting on them so it would kind of fall over the sides like it did in the actual recipe pictures. 




I also ended up beating the frosting in the mixer with some powdered sugar to make it thicker. I think if I was putting it on a cake it would have been fine but I needed something a little bit "sturdier" for the cupcakes. 




Don't let the caramelization  process scare you away from making this. It took just minutes and as long as you stir it and keep an eye on it it really is very easy.




Have you made anything new recently? Leave a comment and let me know what it was.....always looking for some new ideas!!

Have a great weekend!

Mary Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow Me on Pinterest